Информация за обучението
Online course - Business English for Telephoning
Business English for Telephoning offers you training in how to sequence a conversation and in strategies for communicating by telephone, as well as teaching typical expressions that will allow you to speak on the telephone successfully and with confidence.
English for Telephoning consists of 20 units that each deal with specific areas related to communicating by telephone. The course is structured so that the more basic skills are dealt with at the beginning. It becomes progressively more advanced. However, the sequence is not fixed and the user can choose the units most relevant to their needs. There are realistic listening exercises which offer practice in listening comprehension as well as presenting language and communication strategies.
*Unlimited access to all lessons and exercises for 60 days (2 months).
Throughout the units, there are exercises that allow you to review your telephone English. You will learn new expressions and vocabulary, or to practice core grammatical structures. There are listening and reading activities designed to generate interesting conversations related to the theme of the unit. The Interactive exercises provided by Astoria Group let you review your learning by doing Useful Phrases, Vocabulary, and Communication exercises on your computer.
Business English for Telephoning is for professionals and trainees in business, commerce and administration. People who need to be able to receive and make telephone calls. It is suitable for use in class or for self-study.
What do I learn in my English for Telephoning course?
Telephoning in English develops and consolidates practical telephone skills in a variety of interesting and relevant contexts. Activities range from message-taking and spelling practice to role play, providing learners with a comprehensive course in using the telephone in English.
Talking on the phone may be an essential part of your job. r you may only have to make or answer phone calls in English from time to time. You may need to speak on the phone in English every day or even as part of an exam or job interview. Sometimes your job may even depend on a phone call!
Skyping (or video calling) in English involves the same skills as traditional telephoning. Conducted with a webcam you will be seen by the other person.
You will discover that improving your telephone skills will also help with your speaking skills in general. What’s more, it will help you gain self-confidence and even improve your self-esteem — both when speaking English and your native language.
Съдържание на обучението
- Telephoning in Business English 00:20:00
- Telephone connection 00:40:00
- Telephone connection:Exercises 00:30:00
- Telephone connection: Listening 00:30:00
- Can I help you 00:20:00
- Successful Telephone Conversation (part 1) 00:20:00
- Successful Telephone Conversation (part 2) 00:20:00
- Successful Telephone Conversation (part 3) 00:20:00
- Dealing with complaints 00:40:00
- Dealing with complaints: Exercises 00:30:00
- Dealing with complaints: Listening 00:30:00
- Discussing possibilities 00:30:00
- Discussing possibilities: Exercises 00:30:00
- Discussing possibilities: Listening 00:30:00
- Guidelines for telephone use 00:30:00
- Telephone etiquette skills 00:35:00
- Revision 00:30:00
- Business English for Telephoning – Test 00:20:00